It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:00 am

Ron586, buddysgarage77, TDave00, csbatey, Luv, etc. 
Moderators

Part of TN: Middle
Post Ron586, buddysgarage77, TDave00, csbatey, Luv, etc.
I wanted to thank these 4 guys in particular for helping me get my first show this weekend. After last weekend, I wasn't sure and then early in the week I was confident again.

But.....Thursday night Ron was nice enough to bring his enclosed down so I could keep it out of the rain. Aron(buddysgarage77) also showed up and we swapped the trailer and was already to put it in when----the blazer wouldn't start. The three of us messed with it for a while before realizing it was the coil. Called up TDave00 to borrow one because at this time it was 11pm. Trai's truck is not at his house, but he was nice enough to come about 20 minutes to meet us where it was at. We pulled up and Trai handed me a non-HEI coil. I felt like such an idiot for not telling him I needed the HEI one. We had one more place to look. At the tow lot where I've been working part time there's a couple of old junk late 70's camaro's. Got down there at about 11:30 and nothing. Two had the motor out of them and the other was a early 70's without HEI. I gave up and said we'd just not leave as early as we had expected for the show and hit the O'Reilly's first thing when they opened.

Got to O'Reilly's about 30 minutes before they opened but they know me and let me in to buy the coil. Got back home and realized mine didn't have the middle ground prong that tucks in under the coil. That was sign #1. Put in the coil and still nothing. Thought I'd try one other board member to see what he had and called csbatey(Chris). I called him and he said his motor was out of his 87 and I could use his MSD Distributor, but he wasn't at home, Chris only lives about 1/2 mile above me. So I start taking out the Ignition Module thinking "we'll go test this thing". Chris called back and said his wife was still at home and was on her way with the complete distributor. We dropped it in and it started up perfect. Timing was off and it turned out later I'd swapped two wires, but it was enough to back out of the garage and drive into Ron's trailer.

Last but not least I want to thank Luv for following me all the way up there. I'm the guy who never gets passed on the road and Mandi made fun of me because she counted 3 semi's and an old crappy el camino were the only things I passed on the trip. I couldn't really go over 60 without alot of swaying. We adjusted a few things and it drove much better on the way home.

Thanks to all of you guys and the guys at the show who helped me look at a few small things I need to get done this week. I couldn't have done it without you.

:5150:

Mon May 04, 2009 12:29 pm
Administrators

Part of TN: West
My pleasure, I am stoked you won something 1st time out :punk:

Owner/Admin "TN Classic Truck Club"

Mon May 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Administrators

Part of TN: Middle
Glad to help, or try to help. Hopefully I can be cruisin with you soon.

Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Moderators

Part of TN: West
You are very welcome. It was my pleasure to have that award winning blazer in my trailer. Let me know when we can do it again. :exit:

Ain't it great to be alive and to be in Tennessee.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Ron 586's Pictures

Ron's Stuff 4 Sale

2008 Board Meet

Member Tn. Zoo Crew.

Tue May 05, 2009 12:50 am
Administrators

Part of TN: East
B, it was a pleasure to help and a lot of fun. Glad you got a trophy first time out.

74 K5 to be a 2WD, Just a driver
71 C-30 in pieces

Tue May 05, 2009 7:13 am

2005 Cavalier wifes work car
2012 Mercedes Benz CLS500 my dream car

Thu May 07, 2009 10:33 pm