It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 am

Performer Vortec Intake Help 
Administrators

Part of TN: Middle
Post Performer Vortec Intake Help
Need some answers quick. Gonna buy a vortec intake for the 305 vortec heads I have. Right now I have two options, but have to make a decision quick.

Cheapest option is a PERFORMER RPM VORTEC Part #7116. (Edelbrock recommends a 650-800 cfm carb for this intake and don't want or need to go that big.)
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... m-sb.shtml
Quote:
Now available for small-block Chevys with Vortec or Edelbrock E-Tec cylinder heads, the Performer EPS dual-plane manifold is optimized to deliver superior performance with Edelbrock square-bore Performer Series or Thunder Series AVS carburetors. The runner design is "tuned" for peak torque around 3500 rpm on a 350-inch engine and it?s ideal for power from off- idle to 5500 rpm. Dyno tests showed gains averaging 5+ ft/lbs. of torque from 3000 to 4500 rpm for more performance where you need it most. Match with a dependable Edelbrock square-bore carburetor for maximum performance gains. Will not fit under stock Corvette hood.

Next option is a PERFORMER EPS VORTEC Part#2716 (Edelbrock recommends a 500-650cfm carb for this intake which is more applicable for my motor.)
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... r-sb.shtml
Quote:
Based on the highly successful and powerful Edelbrock #7101, this single four-barrel intake is designed for the street rod, marine and engine swap market utilizing 262-400 c.i.d. Chevy V8s with 1996 and later Vortec (L31) cast iron or the Edelbrock E-Tec aluminum heads. An external water bypass boss is machined into the front of the water crossover for use on 1996 and later Vortec production engines. Manifold accepts square-bore carbs only. For street and marine engines operating from idle-5500 rpm, see the Performer Vortec manifold. Will not fit under stock Corvette hood. Available with standard finish or polished.

I can pick up #7116 for almost 2/3 the price of the other one but don't want something that's not gonna work well for me.

Thoughts?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Administrators

Post Re: Performer Vortec Intake Help
Also, gonna add this to the list. It's a spread bore design and I can use my QJet with it. Would most likely have to buy it new, but it would save me from having to buy another carb/adapter.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2116/10002/-1

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 pm
Profile WWW

What is your engine? details

I have the performer rpm air gap for vortec heads on my engine it makes good all around power

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:30 pm
Administrators

I have the stock 307 that came in my truck. Gonna swap the heads and cam. BTW. Found the last intake I mentioned local. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Administrators

Part of TN: West
I put the summit brand rpm one on my 307 with the vortec heads with a mild cam and 600 edelbrock carb and it was just about perfect. Would roast first and spin second and chirp 3rd.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing!!

If love is blind then why is lingerie so popular?

Http://www.bigtjohnsons.com

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrators

Picked this up today for $85.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 pm
Profile WWW